Oklahoma WONDERtorium has partnered with Stillwater Medical to offer the nationally recognized Safe Sitter babysitting training for youth. Safe Sitter is a two day course that educates and enables youth to provide safe and nurturing childcare. These same skills promote a safe environment for youth who stay home alone after school or in the summer months.
Course content includes:
Safety Skills: Indoor safety, outdoor safety, online safety, and personal safety.
Child Care Skills: Child development, child care routines (including diapering practice), and behavior management.
First Aid & Rescue Skills: Injury prevention, injury management, and choking rescue. CPR is an optional component.
Life & Business Skills: Screening jobs, setting fees, and greeting employers.
Fall Session Available: (participants must attend both days)
- October 17-18, 2019
- Thursday: 12:00 – 5:15pm
- Friday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
- $40 (+ tax)
- For ages 11-15 (Participants must be 11 years old by the first day of class).
- REGISTER HERE
- Please call 405-533-3333 to inquire about future course dates.
- $15(+ tax) per participant
- For ages 10-14 (Participants must be 10 years old by the first day of class).
The new 90 minute Safe@Home course by Safe Sitter teaches pre-teens:
- Safe habits that save lives.
- How to handle emergencies.
- What to do in power outages or severe weather.
- How to respond to injuries or illness.
- Making a call to 9-1-1.
Safe@Home is ideal for students who have expressed interest in assuming the responsibility of staying home alone. Students who are interested in learning how to stay home alone safely as well as care for younger children should complete one of our comprehensive Safe Sitter courses (see above).